Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Grateful for endings

Tonight, as wonderful of a day as it has been, I am grateful for it to be drawing to a close.

I woke up at 5 to read. It always feels like the time goes so quickly.

I always start with "Daughters of my Kingdom" and read about a chapter plus references. My goal is to be finished by the end of January and I think I'm going to make it.

Then I crack open Teachings of George Albert Smith if it's leading up to a 2nd or 3rd week lesson. Today especially, these two books were totally in line in topic. It was beautiful!

I have a goal of finishing that by the end of the year with the class.

Next is the Sunday School manual for this year "The Book of Mormon". I read the Sunday lesson throughout the week, a little here and a little there so I can ponder.

This usually gets some Book of Mormon reading in for me, but I'm trying to re-read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year again, so I read for a little bit there. Gotta get through the Isaiah chapters. :)

Finishing the New Testament is also on my list for this year, and currently I'm in Matthew still, so I read a parable or so there as well. There's nothing like reading the words of the Savior as he walked in mortality.

If there is time (which is why I'm now trying to wake up at 5 instead of 5:30) I have my current Ensign bookmarked as well as the most recent Conference Ensign for further reading. My goals are to read each month's Ensign cover to cover before the month is out and to read the conference Ensign before May's comes out for the April conference.

I truly believe that we can't have faith in God's promises-and therefore have the blessings-if we don't know what they are. My prayers feel so much more powerful when I can reference my efforts with specific scriptural commandments and promises.

And, actually, all this reading started with another goal of trying to finish my Personal Progress by my birthday this year. (We started it as a Relief Society last year-through inspired counsel from our Relief Society president)

The goal was to remember divine attributes by having a morning devotional-something to start out the day with perspective on who I am and my purpose in life.

It has been incredible.

But, like I said, it's time to close out another day, so goodnight.

Oh, and if any of my terminology threw you, drop me a line, I'd love to translate. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment