Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sweet reminders

Setting: Evening. In the van in front of our house.

Characters: My husband and I and our 10, 7, 5, and 1 year old

My husband hands the 10 year old the key to the house and tells all children to go inside while he and I finish our discussion.

Everyone goes but the 7 year old who didn't see the keys change hands and protests, "But the door is locked!"

To which we reply "Go."

His response is incredulous and he repeats "It's locked!" (Apparently thinking we have either gone deaf or are just really slow.)

We very helpfully repeat our command-able to see the open doorway now from where we are sitting.

He is about to protest again when his constant hopping (is it a seven year old thing?) turns him enough to also see the open door.

A happy squeal later he is running for the door, completely oblivious to his abandoned hardship.

And all I could think was, "Wow."

I wonder how often I go to God worried about a door he's already opened.

Go forth with faith! God truly prepares a way for his promises and commands to be accomplished.


No comments:

Post a Comment