Sunday, November 7, 2010

PDQ Bach

I was not raised with PDQ Bach, unlike my husband. But I have come to thoroughly enjoy his musical whit. For those of you who have not experienced the genius of the "Professor of music pathology at the University of Southern North Dakota at Hoople" might want to give it a go. My favorite album so far is "WTWP Talkity Talk Radio".

So, last night, my husband and I needed something to watch to finish off the day while I fed the baby. We considered some of the sitcoms we had enjoyed in the past, ie. "3rd Rock" and "Frasier". I was really wanting something I could get a good laugh out of, and started realizing that it is hard to find something that doesn't at times end up off-color. So, what do you do on a Saturday night when you are wanting to laugh but also wanting to prepare your mind and heart for the Sabbath? You look for youtube videos of John Bytheway, right?? Well, no luck there. There were only small clips and it takes almost a full hour to do the nightly feeding. So we searched for some good old PDQ Bach and found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQkRs3Ek7Iw. Neither my husband nor I had ever seen it and it was just what we were looking for. I'm so glad we searched a little harder for our night's entertainment.

So, thank you Peter Shickele!

No comments:

Post a Comment