Friday, December 3, 2010

Worthwhiles part II

Became reaquainted with Spellingcity.com yesterday. Absolutely the best free online customizable spelling site for kids. Just type in the spelling words and they can choose 'teach me', 'test me', or 'play a game' mode. The games are great and easy to play and the test me mode is a dream when you have three other children demanding your attention. We'll see what grade comes up on today's spelling test, but I'm sure using this site last night will have an impact. I don't remember who originally suggested it, although I have an inkling, but sending out a big thanks for this one!

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle books. I don't know how long it's been since I've enjoyed a book so much. I picked them up at my in-laws house because I thought I recognized the titles from when I was a young reader, but, opening the books, they seemed completely new. Maybe it's because I was reading them from the view of the parents rather than the children. These are fabulously funny and down to earth books about many childhood illnesses and their logical, albeit not always practical cures, such as:
  • The Won't-Pick-Up-Toys Cure
  • The Answer-Backer Cure
  • The Selfishness Cure
  • The Radish Cure (for not taking baths)
  • The Never-Want-To-Go-To-Bedders Cure
  • The Slow-Eater-Tiny-Bite-Taker Cure
  • The Fighter-Quarrelers Cure
I have only read books 1 and 3 in the series so far, but I would highly recommend them. I'll let you know how books 2 and 4 strike me.

Oh, and by the way, one of the items I was seeking the answer for the other day apparently only needed time to provide a good solution. I guess that's the way with alot of problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment