Thursday, December 2, 2010

Yoga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsSWWLo9g7s

The above is the yoga I tried out this morning. It is something called Kundalini yoga and uses the 'breath of fire'. I love how all of the poses are designed to have a deeper, more emotional benefit. This benefits your karma, your charm ... I'm really not being facetious, it's interesting and I thoroughly believe in mind over matter. If you can convince yourself that you are, for example, confident, happy, etc. I believe you will be. My grandmother always said that 'that is your brain and you can do anything you want with it." Meaning, you control it. You can do anything you think you can do. It's your responsibility how you feel and how you act.

Which is why, instead of staying in a warm, cozy bed, thinking of everything that hurts today, I got up and did yoga. I'm not sure if it's the best yoga out there, but it got me moving - and kept me out of the cold while I still consider actually buying thermal underwear. Grandma, here's to you. My brain kicked my butt into gear today. Now, with a little bit of prayer, hopefully I'll keep moving through the day. No, strike that, I'm GOING to keep moving through the day. Determination ... "Attitude is Everything" ... and any other encouraging thought I can come up with.

Here's to you, Day. Let's make it a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment