Monday, March 7, 2011

Today's Worthwhiles

Just a list of today's worthwhiles:

*Scriptures - I'm slowing down on my reading and need to ramp it up again.
*sleep - actually, didn't get much last night - boy up with an earache, but what I got I was so grateful for today. Funny thing, before I went to bed last night I set my alarm for 5:30a. I've been slowly feeling like I am getting my feet back under me, so I thought I'd take a stab at my 'used-to-be-normal' early wake-up time. Being in that mindset made getting up three times during the night much easier to handle. I was actually really amazed that I didn't feel at all upset or groggy as I wandered around the darkened house fetching warm-packs, tylenol, drinks, and thermometers.
*the testimony of Rachel Barkey, who, even though she passed away from cancer in 2009 was able to remind me that the most important thing is my relationship with my Savior and to live my life 'serving with joy'.
*A wonderful, patient husband. As I'm typing this I hear him at the table working with our daughter on school concepts. I know that he realizes that he needs to get up at 4:30a to teach, but there he is still, so focused on helping our daughter to understand.
*Wind. Representation of the presence of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment