Thursday, August 9, 2012

At peace

My thoughts tonight are a reflection, or summation of alot of recent events.

I have a new "calling" or responsibility in my church; that of teaching the 18 month to 3 year olds for two hours on Sundays. It is wonderful for many reasons, one of which is that my husband was recently asked to serve with me. I have missed the women's class tremendously and the responsibilities I had there, but I feel deeply the satisfaction of being where God wants me to be. Looking back, I see ways I was prepared for the change-like purchasing the teaching manual for that class months before to use in my own home and many insights lately on the purity and love of children.

Another recent event is that the doctors discovered two weeks ago that my dad's kidney cancer has doubled in size. We should find out any day if it has spread, but surgery to remove the kidney is petty definite and the test results have not come back to tell us whether his remaining kidney would be strong enough to sustain him.

The cancer fight has been close to my heart lately, with the recent death of a good woman who is going to be missed greatly and continuing prayers for another four cancer patients (two adults and two children).

But although my dad's news is not good, I feel at peace, knowing that in each case above I have seen God's will, and his mercy shown. I know he is watchful over my dad.

Interestingly enough, this news has seemed to bridge a gap in a way, and lately I have had the wonderful opportunity to get to know my dad better than I ever have before. I am grateful.

I'll stop there because it's late, but getting through to the other side of difficulties and having made it through on faith makes looking back on the journey a joy. Sometimes you only see the footprints in the sand when it's all over.

The assurance though, is that they will for sure be there when you look back. He walks with us. The trick is seeing him in the middle of the trial-or having faith enough to believe he is there anyway.

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment