Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sitting here

Sitting here as ' base' while my 5 and 2 year-old run around me and in and out of the room chasing each other with empty water guns.

I have been realizing lately how much I take for granted, like being a stay-at-home mom, having a comfortable mortgage payment, not to mention just having a home.

There are so many things.

And so I revel, for just a moment, in being the one they jump on when they are "scared", in feeling their small arms tight around my neck and their soft cheeks against mine. I breathe in the last remnants of that "baby" smell and admire their dimples as they outgrow ... everything. Everything baby and dependent and soft.

And I resolve - again - to not take for granted these moments. To cherish and nurture. To smile more. To be distracted less.

And so, though I am pressed with things to do, for a moment I sit and am a part of their world.

And it's precious to me.

1 comment: